Saturday, November 29, 2014

Crochet Floor Rug

My sister fell pregnant a while ago and I decided to try and make her a crochet mandala floor rug. I found a thinker cotton yarn which I thought would be perfect to give it a go. I chose three colours thinking that they would be OK for either sex. I looked at some different patterns, but in the end I just went with it trying different stitches from different patterns. I have to say that I unpicked many rows as it was hard to get the mat to stay flat.
 I used 6 balls of  yarn and went as far as they would take me, I think it turned out to be the perfect size.
 Here is the rug on the floor in Olive's room, I kind of wanted to keep it for myself.
I gave it to her the other week when she had her baby. She had a little boy so the colours worked extra well. She loved it and I love my new little nephew, new babies are the best.

Em xx ♥♥♥

9 comments:

  1. I love it, Emma! And congratulations on your new nephew! Greetings, Annasoer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! It's so cute and pretty!! What a wonderful gift! Congratulations on your new nephew! Have a lovely weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful Emma. It's absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma, I would love to know what brand of yarn you used to make this rug? And what sized hook? I've got a nephew on the way too and would love to make a rug for him. Great job, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think of the money you'll save

    Sugary drinks are a little cheaper, and the huge US households spent $ 14300000000 where only in 2013. Whenever you want sugary syrup, put the money you would have spent on the side and see what's total to the end of the week or the end of the month. Usually this Advie for smokers Phen375 who are in the process of quitting, but that will work for all addicts soft drinks on an equal footing.

    http://www.hits4slim.com/phen375.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. superbe réalisation j' adore bravo biz et félicitations pour le bébé

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...