Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sewing

I wanted to make some fabric buckets for the girls rooms to keep some of their soft toys in. I have made some smaller ones in my time but they didn't work as well as I would have liked. These one's I made using a medium interfacing as the fabric is thicker. They were easier to sew and turned out how I wanted. There are quite a few tutorials out there to go by for these.

I love them as they are reversible, so even with them being the same, they are still a bit different.

I used a pop of bright pink in them as I am quite liking it at the moment. I bought the fabric at Spotlight when it was on special, so they also didn't cost too much to make.
I am in love with piping at the moment too and I have been making heaps of new cushions and piping them for a more professional finish. This one I made for Olive's room using some fabric from Made 590. Every now and again they have a sale of off cuts of their lovely fabrics. I was lucky enough to nab myself the quilting sized fabric bag. So many beautiful fabrics, I had fun just searching through the bag when I got it.
I backed it with some of the fabric from the buckets and made a mustard piping for it.
This fabric was also from Spotlight, and I made a navy blue piping.

 I made a lamp with this fabric from Kelani fabric a while ago. I loved it so much I really wanted a cushion also. I decided on making a rectangle cushion and cut a larger cushion in half and stitched the opening shut to make two smaller ones. This was the first cushion I made with the piping, I used a store bought fuschia velvet piping for this one.
I also sewed a zip in this one to save on fabric.

I love them so much, I have been told that we may have enough cushions in the house now, but I'm not convinced yet.
I also made some bunting for Olives room also using the Made 590 fabric.
I was pretty happy to get the sewing machine out to make these, I think they would make some great gifts for kids instead of toys. I know Ruby was pretty happy with her bucket and is asking for a new cushion.

Em xx

6 comments:

  1. All beautiful ... And definitely not enough cushions. Especially when they are as pretty as that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilove the cushions :) All are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cushions, piping, bunting and buckets all way beyond my skill level. I love each and everything you have made.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh! What a discovery! I came behind your pretty striped giraffe, have looked around and love most of the things here (I can't see some of them, that's why I say most, not everything ;) Your giraffe will be my first amigurumi, that's sure, I've got the yarns and the stuffing fibre at home and no plans for this weekend so....
    Thanks a lot for sharing so many beautiful things.
    A hug and two kisses (the Spanish way, you know)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog, love your kewpie doll, love your work. Following you from right now

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...