Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ruby's new bed

I said to my Dad I was looking around the op shops to find a bed for Ruby. He said that if I couldn't find a bed he could make one. After no luck of finding a bed, I drew up some designs from some bed's I've found on Pinterest, (I finally joined up and have a page on kids rooms with lots of cute beds for inspiration, have a look here). 
So here is the final product, Ruby thinks it's just amazing or in her words "brilliant". I have had to change the room around a bit to fit a bigger sized bed in her room. 
 My Dad is pretty clever, he also made Ruby her play kitchen which is also pretty amazing too. Dad used to make us heaps of things when we were kids, and now he has 2 grand kids with another on the way I am sure he will be making a few more things in the future.
 Ruby wanted a pink bed, but I kind of said I'd rather a nice minty green. I love this colour and Ruby likes it too which is nice.
 She is very excited about the change over and we have put the sides back on the cot ready for the baby, she was very happy to be giving it to the baby.
 What I love most about this bed is that no one else will have the same bed and I have never seen a bed in the shops that look this nice either.
And I love how her vintage sheet quilt looks on the bed, along with all the other cushions and toy's I have made her. I love hanging out in her room now, and I now have a nice place to sit and feed the new baby when Ruby is playing.

Em xx ♥♥

13 comments:

  1. Oh so lovely. Nicely done. Thank you for sharing. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bed is amazing. I wish my dad could make my girls a bed like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing. both the bed and the way you've decorated the space.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bed - and what a gem of a Dad you must have! Ruby's room is just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! You have brought back such happy memories of when my three were little and they had little hand made beds. I think it all looks brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! And looks so wonderful with all of your sweet handmades on it, too! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Dad is so talented, Ruby looks adorable in her big girl bed.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all so gorgeous Emma! Ruby is such a Joy and it is only fitting that she should have a happy and colourful space where everything is made with love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruby got a big bed for herself there. It’s better though. Even if she moves back and forth at night, there’s only a small chance of falling off from the bed. However, it would be safest if you add railings on the side opposite the wall. It can also help keep the shape of the mattress. Healthy Bed Store

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt does look cute, and so does she! I love how you padded the edges with small pillows and her stuffed toys. And the mint green really blends well with the rest of the room!

    Felipa @ The Mattress Department

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really feel awesome. love to have such kind of amazing High Quality Leather Beds

    ReplyDelete
  12. While pink would’ve looked great as well, mint green seems to mesh better with the quilt and the overall feel of the room. It’s good that you got her a big bed, especially if she tends to move around while sleeping. Though a railing would be good, but I think that would make climbing into bed more awkward for her.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...