Thursday, April 4, 2013

A new skirt

On Good Friday I escaped upstairs and did some sewing. I bought this beautiful fabric when I went to the stash and treasure market a little while ago. It's by Saffron Craig and she was selling her fabric there, so I picked up 2 pieces with the idea of making this style of skirt. I was so drawn in with the colours and how pretty the design is too. Well, I finally made it and I love it. I saw this style in a magazine once with the sash belt and little loops for it, with the same colour hem. 

 I took these photo's on Easter morning when she was on her little sugar high and it was hard to get her to stand still.
 Here are the little loops for the sash belt with some matching button's.
It ties in a nice little bow.
A bit of a close up of how it looks, under the sash is an elastic waist.
 I made a matching bow for her hair. I also bought the singlet for $2 and added the cute sleeves to match the skirt. I had to stop myself from adding a motif on the front, but I'm glad I didn't.
 We put the ballet shoes on and did heaps of dancing.
 A bit cute, I haven't made her any clothes for a little while so I was glad to make this.

Now for some winter dresses as the weather finally has gotten a bit cooler.

Linking up over here today 

Em xx ♥

9 comments:

  1. The waist band is a lovely idea. This fabric is so pretty as is your little dancing model.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely skirt! I got really confused by your comment about the weather.. until I realised you're in Australia! Oops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes, its been too hot over here for too long. I cant wait for the cool weather to come. Thanks

      Delete
  3. So cute - and I love the fabric!

    I haven't heard of the Stash and Treasure Market - where is it located?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Catherine,
      It was in Marrickville in Feb, it's once a year. But there is one on the coast soon at Long Jetty which I am looking forward to as it's close for us. Its on the 20/4/13 and this is the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Destash-Market/589315224415129. I am looking forward to this one, hope it's good.

      Delete
  4. I think both the little skirt and your daughter look gorgeous. Such a pretty fabric x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is CUTE - I want one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous skirt! I'm going to be giving your giraffe a go sometime soon. Looks gorgeous also!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...