Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A dancing skirt

The man has been working from home for ages, and I haven't seemed to be able to get some computer time. Most nights I am sore and tired and cant be bothered. I made Ruby this skirt 2 weeks ago and has been very well worn since. We have a bit of a dancer on our hands and thought I would make her a dancing skirt.
The skirt is the same as most of the skirts I make, a basic rectangle with hem and elastic waist.
I used some left over fabric I had from this project.


 I cant tell you how excited she was when she found the sequin heart,
 For the waist I gathered the sheer fabric before sewing it onto waist band. It was also easier to sew with cotton fabric than the sheer fabric, I used a thinner fabric so it wasn't bulky at the top.
We had to get the ballet shoes on for photo's, I love a quick and easy project that gets instantly loved.
I have a few more finished projects to post soon, I finished my baby quilt and tomorrow I am off to my Dad's to paint Ruby's bed he made, cant wait to see how it looks.

Em xx ♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That bottom photo is amazing!!! Sooooo sweet!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...