Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ruby's new cushion

Here is the other pom pom trim cushion I made for Ruby. We were in Target one day and Ruby kept taking all the pink cushions off the shelf and telling me how much she loved them. Some can be a bit too pink, and I much prefer to make my own. I saw this pattern on one of the many Blogs I follow, Lovely Little Handmades and wanted to make it. I used grey as the background colour as I have lots of it and I love the way it looks.  I them went threw my stash looking for some pink, I like that it isn't too pink. 

 As I can't quilt at all with my machine I just did a diagonal stitch threw the square's then a stitch around the heart. The pom pom trim tutorial again was from Fussy Cats great tutorial.
I was happy with how it turned out.
 For the back my inspiration came from this cushion back from Cherry Heart
 I spent a lot more time on this cushion than any other that I have ever made. I'm glad I did as the back looks really pretty. I have never done the crochet trim before, but after seeing it on Cherry Hearts one I fell in love.
 And then I thought the plain grey needed something else so I embroidered "For Ruby, Love Mummy".
I really want to do more embroidery now
Here it is on Ruby's little bed, when we get her a big bed soon it will look great on it. (And when I get her vintage sheet quilt finished too)
Then this happens when I am taking photo's. And another wonderful thing is we have finally fully toilet trained this little lovely, save on nappies...... well till June anyway.

I'm linking up over here today

Em xx ♥♥

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous cushion! Your embroidery is beautiful. This is some thing your daughter can cherish for many years, so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Emma. I would have loved this for a bedroom when I was growing up, all pink, cosy and pretty. And so lovely too that Ruby is surrounded by hand-made things, made with love :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma, that's so beautiful! What a gorgeous design - and I love the fact that you used grey for the background. Thanks for sharing a link to the tutorial - it looks like another lovely blog to check out!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so precious!! I love everything on her bed! and the stitching on the back of the pillow is gorgeous! I too love making things for my kids that they can keep forever and always remember!

    <3 Bethany @ Thesepiapuppy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful cushion and I love the quilt on Ruby's bed :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...