Thursday, March 21, 2013

More little projects

With the left over fabric from Ruby's (will I ever finish it) vintage sheet quilt, I made a little quilt for her toys.
I originally made it to try using my quilting foot and have a go of quilting it myself. No, this didn't work and I unpicked it and just quilted lots of vertical lines down it.
I have since learnt that at Hobby Sew you can learn how to using their big quilting machine for $90 and then pay $25 per hour to use it. I thought I might do this and then I could take other quilts down and quilt them there instead. 

 But I do like how this little one turned out, Morrissey and Stewart Lee (Toys are great for giving fun names too, theses are Daddies favourite singers and comedians) are in their $4 op shop bed.
 I saw this idea once on Pinterest so I had a go, I like it.
 And I have done a couple more egg warmers from here
I have a few more things to make which I have found, best thing is I am using up scraps and left over yarn for little projects.

Em xx ♥♥♥

4 comments:

  1. I love the scene inside the jar. Very cute! I might have to do something like that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little quilt - and the toys' names! :-)
    Great Easter goodies too!!!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is just adorable.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...