Thursday, June 28, 2012

Birthday number 3.....oh deer

It was my Birthday on Tuesday and Chris bought me this very cute deer lamp. He was a bit shocked at the size of it, when he opened the box I could hear him say "my god, it's life size". I laughed at it's size also but Ruby was just so excited by it, she loves it. She comes down in the morning and turns it on, then runs to me saying "light". We need to find it a proper home, but at the moment it is living on the foxtel box, maybe not a good spot.


 It looks amazing in the night, the afternoon light is no good.
 What I love about a birthday in my family is Mum makes cup cakes. And the best cup cakes are those that are given to you and you can sit with a cup of tea and just enjoy. I think I have been enjoying them a bit too much! My step mum also made some lovely chocolate ones with strawberries on the top, pretty yum too.
I always get a shot like this, I should put them all together a bit cute. Mum made Ruby some mini cakes with a small amount of icing just for her.

On a creative note I have finished another baby quilt, I will post it after they get it so they get a surprise. I secretly want to keep it, back to my big one though now. Not long and it will be finally finished too.

Off to Newcastle on Saturday for a day of op shopping, looking through some quilt shops then off to Darby Street for a nice lunch and shop. Cant wait.

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...