Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Winter clothes

What a lovely weekend weather wise. We went to the Gosford show on Saturday, we wanted Ruby to see the animals. She cried at all of them including the little white bunny that fit in the palm of my hand. We had no luck with showing her things, but she got a balloon so she liked that. And Sunday we went to the Terrigal car boot sale, there was loads of stuff there but nothing I liked, so we went home empty handed.

I did a spot of sewing also over the weekend. I made Ruby this denim dress with some of the denim mum gave me, after a wash I traced another of Ruby's dresses and made a simple pattern. I then used my bias binder gadget and made a heap of bias binding out of a cute vintage style fabric from Spotlight that was on special. I made a little peter pan collar and added some button's. I made it very easy to sew and the back is just elastic loops and more button's.

 Cheeky
 Basically I sewed the whole thing with the bias binding, pretty easy. Some fun button's and elastic to do it up, too easy.
 Next, I bought this corduroy fabric at the Salvo's for a $1. Ruby is needing more winter clothes so I made these pants from Sew La Tea Do. Very easy to sew and didn't take me long at all.
I put a little pocket at the back. 
It is getting hard to get Ruby to stay still for a photo these days. I think I might make her a dress with the pink also, the dress will go great with a long sleve top under neath and a cute pair of tights.

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...