Monday, May 14, 2012

Stash and Treasure

On Saturday I had a lovely day out with my lovely friend Larissa. It was like a Mother's day gift of a day out without Ruby (although I did miss her). We went down to Sydney to Marrickville to the Stash an Treasure markets. We went down early to get some great buys. I was so happy, I spent about $25 and got quite a haul. I got heaps of vintage sheets and linen, lovely colours and prints. I was wanting more in warm colours as I have only found green, blue and purple ones. Now I have pinks, yellows and oranges. I want to make Ruby a quilt for when she has a big bed.


 Everything was so lovely and the people were so nice to talk to and tell us why they were getting rid of part of their stash.
 Lots of bargains to be found.
 Here is my new stash of vintage sheets, so pretty.
 This is my favourite sheet, I have been on the look out for something like this for ages for the back of my big quilt I am making. It was $4 and I am going to have a bit left over and it has no faded spots which is great.
These are my cute fabric's which I am sure I can find something to make for Ruby.
We later went to the big Salvo's at Tempe, we decided against Ikea and went up to Rozelle markets and had a lovely lunch before heading home.
I had a lovely day, I also had a fab Mother's Day too.
I am a bit excited as we are going on a little family holiday on Saturday. We are going on a road to Melbourne for 2 weeks. I cant wait, except I have to do all the driving. Luckily we are doing lots of stops along the way.

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...