Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Learning to Crochet (again)

When I was younger we used to go on holidays to my Aunty's place in Pacific Palms. Her mum crocheted and when we went up she used to teach me. When I got home I would feverishly be crocheting and experimenting. I made copious granny squares and lots of differently designed chunky doilies. But as I got older, I seemed to have forgotten the skill. Lately I have been wanting to give it a go again and learn how to do amigurumi as they are just too damn cute. So with the wonder of you tube I have taught myself how to crochet (again). Here is what I have made...
 I started with a granny square then did some hearts. I found the wool I used was so lovely and soft, but hard to work with.
 After working out the single crochet I found this pattern here. Mine is a bit smaller, but I was happy with how it turned out. I used a cotton and found it easier to use and it was tighter.
 Here it is with some other similar coloured things.
 Now this is the best one, I am so happy with how it turned out. I found the pattern here.I learnt to increase and decrease stitches. Now I have confidence with it I am going to make some rattles, as I have 3 Friends with a total of 4 babies on the way. So lots of hand made coming their way. But in the mean time Ruby gets more toys.
Here they are together, and yes I also made a little ball. That one is for Chris, I am sure there will be more of them by the end of the week.
Yay for new skills.
Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...