Friday, July 8, 2011

It's quilt time

For my Birthday my mum and sister bought me quilting needs, in the form of a ruler, mat and rotary cutter. I have always borrowed mum's, so it is nice now to have my own. So I have been cutting out material, and adding to my square collection. I have nearly enough to sew this one together, just need to cut a couple more squares. I love a quilt as you can keep all your lovely bits of material altogether and look at them in a group, otherwise they are kept in a cupboard and you dont really get to look at them.
 This is not going to be very big, I may add multiple boarders to make it bigger.
 Here are my new tools, and here are my new bits of prettiness. I went to Wyong to the quilt shop, after what seemed like ages, and many decission changes later, this is what I bought. I think these will make a lovely quilt, I will get some more though. I think I will make it for myself, not Rubes.
 I made this cushion cover with old bits of left over floral material.
Another trip to the Salvos, found this cute pig tin tray for $2. I also found a small cupboard for $10, perfect for storage and to keep things out of reach of little miss. Only I didn't take the car it was lovely weather for a walk, tomorrow morning I will head down and get it if it still there. Also off to Long Jetty to visit the op shops down there, so watch this space for any finds.
Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...