Thursday, June 9, 2011

London, Ruby in the big city.

I thought I would show a few pic's from London. I am mainly showing you my old area where I worked, East London. I used to work in the Mod building in Westminster, this was until they finally worked out that I wasn't able to work there anymore due to only living in the country a short time. I was offered a transfer to St John's Wood or Spitalfields. After visiting both Nurseries (I work with children) I choose East London, purely for the markets and coffee, but the people where also great, which was an added bonus.
 This is my old work place
And this is across the road......
And this is inside Spitalfields markets. What I loved was each day they had a different market. Mon and Tue was a smaller general market, Wed was handmade, Thur had old records and books and Fri was all second hand goods. Then the weekend had great markets, and a short walk is Brick Lane and the markets are great there too. It is a fantastic area and my lunches where spent wandering around the markets and the shops in Brick lane, and after hours there where lots of pubs and places too eat, and of course a curry. There was always something to see, I loved it.
I loved the old Architecture and as you can see, it is lovely on a sunny day.
 This is Neals Yard in Covent Garden, you just have to love the coloured buildings. So pretty.
And here are a couple of my favourite shops. Magma is full of quirky finds, I loved both of their shops. The book one was the only place I could ever find Frankie Magazine.
And this is my all time favourite shop Lazy Oaf, full of brightly coloured and fun clothes, jewelery and stationary. If you are in Fouberts Place in Carnaby Street, you have to go and have a look.

So that was a few photo's of London. There are so many other great places but I just didn't have enough time and traveling with a baby on the tube is so hard, one reason why we decided that we couldn't carry on living there. I look forward to taking Ruby when she is a bit older and go to places like the Tate, which is amazing.
 Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...